Sunday 9 January 2011

Introduction

Being Muharrum has meant that I've been attended several majalis' over the past few weeks. There were the initial ten days at the beginning of the month, leading up to Ashura and then majlises every weekend here, there and everywhere.

This year, I have made a concerted effort to actually learn and take something away from the majlises. So, equipped with pen and paper (I should really get an iPad, pen and paper are so 20th Century), I've been taking detailed notes of the lectures that I've been attending. Over the next few weeks, with the help of further research, I want to transform these notes of various topics relating to Islam and specifically Shia Islam, into blog posts so that we can have discussions about the points raised inshallah.

I look forward to reading any comments and hope you find them informative and useful.

2 comments:

  1. Salamun alaykum,

    I don't know if you got my previous comment. Firefox decided not to work when I pressed 'post comment.'

    But anyways, I basically said that I look forward to reading your posts on Muharram, especially since I don't have the freedom to attend majlises.

    Also, how come there isn't a module to 'follow' you on the right? You should get one so that people who like your blog can follow it and know when you update, inshaAllah. =]

    I think if you go to edit template then you can add the module.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, looking forward to them inshAllah bakhire.

    ReplyDelete